Boating Lake County Blog
Piña Colada – A Recipe for this Classic Tiki Cocktail
Think of it as an opportunity to break out those adorable, little paper umbrellas. You can be sure this classic tiki cocktail adds a splash of retro fun to your glass after a day of boating with friends in beautiful Lake County.
- 8 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces dark rum (used for a floater, not required)
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled, cut into 1‑½ inch pieces
- 2 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 ounces sweetened cream of coconut
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 3 cups of ice
- Pineapple slices, maraschino cherries and mint for garnish
1. Start by freezing your fresh pineapple for three hours
2. Add rum, cream of coconut, coconut milk, lime juice, pineapple chunks and ice to blender, and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into chilled hurricane cocktail glasses, and garnish with pineapple slices, maraschino cherries and mint.
*Always drink responsibly.
For great libations on land, check out the Lake County Libation Trail