How do you boat?
Boating comes in many forms, from sleek runabouts and sailboats to the latest trends— kayaking and paddle boarding. Whichever way you enjoy the lake life, you’ll find Lake County Illinois your boating dream come true. Embark and enjoy! BoatingLakeCounty.com is here to be your planning resource.
LAKE COUNTY FLOODING UPDATE
The Chain O’Lakes continues to be closed to boat traffic. Fox Waterway personnel will only enter the waterway for a life-saving mission.
The Fox Waterway Agency states that as of Sunday, July 16:
- Inflows to the Chain of Lakes have crested and are falling, with a greater reduction than anticipated.
- Fox Lake stage is at 8 feet and appears to be cresting.
- The dam in Burlington has not breached. Burlington, WI is experiencing record flooding on the Fox River.
- The National Weather Service is forecasting up to 1” of rain over the Fox River watershed next 5 days.
- This flow is higher than have seen on the Chain, so lake and river stage estimates are interpolated from known information. There is some uncertainty because there is no historic record to compare.
- The Chain ‘O Lakes may crest from 8.0 – 8.1 ft July 16. Another inch of increase in water levels may occur. Normal summer pool levels: 3.8 – 4.25 feet.
- UPPER RIVER, will crest over 5.9 – 6.3 ft on July 16 The current stage is 5.4 ft. Another 7-11 inches may occur. Normal summer pool levels: 3.8 – 4.25 feet.
- LOWER RIVER, may crest over 7.3 – 7.7 ft on July 16. The current stage is 7.2 ft. Another 1-5 inches may occur. Normal summer pool levels: 1.6 – 2 feet
Baked Blue Gill One of the tastiest, if not the smallest, fresh water fish has got to be Blue Gill. You’ll need to catch at least ten to make a meal, but your effort will be well worth it. Ingredients: 1 Pound Filleted Blue Gill ¼ cup milk ½ teaspoon vinegar ½ cup cornmeal ½ teaspoon onion powder ½ teaspoon garlic powder ½ teaspoon paprika ¼ teaspoon thyme ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper salt and...Continue reading
Lake County has so much to offer for outdoor family fun this summer from 75 lakes, 100+ beaches, 500 miles of trails and bikeways, our beautiful forest preserves, and of course Great America, festivals and farmer’s markets! In this video, we visit the local gem of Illinois Beach State Park, which stretches for six and a half miles along the sandy shore of Lake Michigan in Northern Lake County. Maureen Riedy, President of the Lake County...Continue reading
Whether you're looking to buy a boat, have your boat serviced, or store your boat, SkipperBud's should be your destination. With locations in Volo and North Point Marina, SkipperBud's offers boat sales, boat maintenance, winter and summer storage, marina slips, drystack, hauling, financing and insurance. From yachts & speed boats to pontoons, kayaks & watersports accessories, this is where your lake-loving life starts. For more information, check out skipperbuds.com. Continue reading